Master of Business Administration
Sept 2017 Entry
Programme code: 02008
Duration & Credit Requirement
3 for both local and non-local students
HK$230,100 per programme
Merit-based scholarships are available.
Dr Cheng, Zhuo (June)
BEng (Huazhong U.S.T.), PhD (Ohio State)
Deputy Programme Director
Dr Hung, Yick Hin
BSc (Lanc.), MSc (Shef. Hallam), MEcon (H.K.), PhD (H.K.Poly.), CText ATI (U.K.), MHKITA
Late applications (for local applicants only) will be considered subject to the availability of places. Please contact us at 2766 4240 or email: email@example.com as soon as possible for details.
Aims & Characteristics
The PolyU MBA is a general management programme.
The learning outcomes of the programme are as follows:
- Critical and Creative Thinking. Apply critical and creative thinking within the domain of general management responsibilities.
- Effective Communication. Communicate reasoned arguments effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Leadership Skills. Adopt a leadership perspective, identifying, initiating and managing change in an organisational context.
- Global Outlook. Demonstrate a global outlook and an understanding of cultural diversity, globalisation and their implications for business.
- Ethical Thinking. Identify and resolve ethical issues as they arise in the context of general management and corporate social responsibility.
This programme prepares experienced managers and professionals to solve real-world management problems. The structure is intensive, comprehensive and well-designed. Taught by experienced and committed teaching staff, the programme provides exceptionally good value to students.
This programme builds on the knowledge and skills that participants have developed during their careers. In the Core Subjects, a broad managerial perspective is adopted, while the more specialised Elective Subjects are designed to suit the particular needs of participants and their current and future employers.
Overall, the programme seeks to serve the general management needs of all participants while permitting some specialisation in areas of particular relevance to some students.
Recognition & Prospects
The PolyU MBA has been developing General Managers in Hong Kong since 1990. Its structure, content and teaching approaches have been benchmarked against the best programmes in the world.
The programme requires a total of 39 credits.
- The first year of the programme is designed to introduce students to all of the major business functions.
- The second year provides more in-depth management knowledge. A wide range of Electives is available for selection.
- Students who have completed 39 credits will be awarded Master of Business Administration.
Compulsory Subjects (a total of 30 credits)
- Accounting for Managers
- Business Analytics
- Ethics, Responsibility and Sustainability
- Financial Management
- Global Economic Environment for Management#
- MBA Orientation Workshop
- Managing Operations Systems
- Management Information Systems
- Management Policy and Strategy#
- Marketing Management
- Organisational Behaviour and Leadership
Elective Subjects (a total of 9 credits)
Students who pursue the stream option are required to complete a total of 9 credits of Electives of the specific stream.
International Business Stream
- Field Study for Business Management
- Global Sourcing and Supply
- International Financial Management
- International Management
- Field Study for Business Management
- Information Technology in Textiles & Clothing Industries
- International Business in Fashion Industry
- International Fashion and Textile Design
- Omni-Channel Retailing and Marketing
Business Research Stream
- Research Methods
- MBA Investigative Report
- Applications of Decision Making Models
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Gender and Organisations
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Marketing Strategy
- Management of Pay and Benefits
- Negotiation and Conflict Management
- Risk Management for Corporations
- Six Sigma and Quality Management Techniques
- Strategic Human Resources Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Total Quality Management
Information on the subjects offered can be obtained at www.fb.polyu.edu.hk/r/mba.
i. Subject to the University’s minimum enrolment requirement, not all subjects will be offered each year. Registration is also subject to the availability of places.
ii. Programme structure, subject names and content are subject to continuous review and changes.
iii. #These subjects have been included in the list of reimbursable courses for Continuing Education Fund (CEF) purposes.
- A Bachelor's degree, postgraduate degree or a postgraduate diploma in any area, or an equivalent professional qualification; and a minimum of 4 years' experience in a managerial or professional capacity; and proficiency in English;
- Exceptionally, be aged 35 or over with post-secondary qualifications and at least 8 years of experience in a senior managerial or professional capacity, and proficiency in English.
If you are not a native speaker of English, and your Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification is awarded by institutions where the medium of instruction is not English, you are expected to fulfil the University’s minimum English language requirement for admission purpose. Please refer to the "Admission Requirements" section for details.
- From the pool of written applications, shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend selection interviews. In general, candidates are expected to demonstrate their motivation, maturity and ability to communicate in English.
- Classes are normally arranged at weekends (Saturdays and Sundays). Weekday evening classes will be offered based on the number of enrolments.
No information is available at present.