Master of Science in Nursing
Sept 2019 Entry
Programme code: 53070
Duration & Credit Requirement
1.5 years (Full-time)
2.5 years (Part-time)
HK$3,500 per credit for local students
HK$4,670 per credit for non-local students
Dr Tse Mun Yee, Mimi
- Nine specialisms are introduced to this programme: Cancer and Palliative Care; Community Health Nursing; Critical Care; Gerontological Nursing; Infectious Diseases and Infection Control; Maternity; Mental Health Nursing; Nursing Education; Traditional Chinese Medicinal Nursing. Students can choose to graduate with a specialism upon fulfilment of the specialism requirements.
Aims & Characteristics
This programme aims to offer experienced registered nurses the opportunity to develop the necessary knowledge, understanding and competencies for advanced practice roles. Graduates are able to:
- Become Advanced Practising Nurses;
- Become Nurse Leaders in the changing health care system;
- Meet the demands of healthcare reform in Hong Kong;
- Critically analyse and evaluate ongoing professional practices; and
- Establish innovative projects to facilitate preventive, curative, and rehabilitative client care.
- Allows students to develop their specialty areas in various specialties;
- Allows students to choose the completion of either a dissertation or a practicum;
- Optional provision of a Postgraduate Diploma as an exit award; and
- Offers several scholarships, such as admission, overseas placement and dissertation scholarships to outstanding students.
Recognition & Prospects
The Master of Science in Nursing programme leads to specialisation and a leadership role in Nursing.
Students can choose to graduate with the following awards/specialisms after completing the required subjects successfully:
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing (Cancer and Palliative Care)
- Master of Science in Nursing (Community Health Nursing)
- Master of Science in Nursing (Critical Care)
- Master of Science in Nursing (Gerontological Nursing)
- Master of Science in Nursing (Infectious Diseases and Infection Control)
- Master of Science in Nursing (Maternity)
- Master of Science in Nursing (Mental Health Nursing)
- Master of Science in Nursing (Nursing Education)
- Master of Science in Nursing (Traditional Chinese Medicinal Nursing)
Please visit here for details of the requirements and subjects offered.
Core Areas of Study
Please refer to the Programme Structure section for the subjects offered.
- A Bachelor's degree in nursing from PolyU or its equivalent;
- Currently practising in a specialist field.
If you are not a native speaker of English, and your Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification is awarded by institutions where the medium of instruction is not English, you are expected to fulfil the University’s minimum English language requirement for admission purpose. Please refer to the "Admission Requirements" section for details.
Additional Documents Required
Transcript / Certificate
No information is available at present.