Master of Science in Sports Physiotherapy
Sept 2020 Entry
Programme code: 51062
Duration & Credit Requirement
1 year (Full-time)
2.5 years (Part-time)
3 for local students
6 for non-local students
HK$4,000 per credit for local students
HK$4,670 per credit for non-local students
Dr Amy Fu
PhD (PolyU), PT
Dr Amy Fu
PhD (PolyU), PT
The Postgraduate Scheme in Rehabilitation Sciences comprises the following awards:
- MSc in Rehabilitation of People with Developmental Disabilities 發展障礙人士復康理學碩士學位
- MSc in Rehabilitation Sciences 康復科學理學碩士學位
- MSc in Manipulative Physiotherapy 手法物理治療理學碩士學位
- MSc in Occupational Therapy 職業治療學理學碩士學位
- MSc in Sports Physiotherapy 運動物理治療理學碩士學位
The awards under this scheme admit students in alternate years. MSc in Manipulative Physiotherapy, MSc in Occupational Therapy and MSc in Sports Physiotherapy are offered in the same admission year. MSc in Rehabilitation of People with Developmental Disabilities and MSc in Rehabilitation Sciences are offered in the same admission year.
Aims & Characteristics
The aims of the programme are:
- To equip students with advanced knowledge and skills in sports physiotherapy so as to meet the changing needs of sports physiotherapy service in Hong Kong.
- To equip students with a lifelong ability to critically analyse and evaluate ongoing sports physiotherapy practice; and to maintain the highest quality of practice.
- The programme emphasises the integration of sports science, medicine and rehabilitation into the practice of sports physiotherapy;
- The only programme in Hong Kong that is specially designed for physiotherapists;
- Wide exposure on on-field physiotherapy services; and
- Unique sports physiotherapy clinical placement.
Please note this programme does not confer eligibility for registration with the Physiotherapist Board of Hong Kong.
Recognition & Prospects
The programme is operated in both full-time and part-time mode and it takes a normal duration of 1 year to complete in full-time mode or 2.5 years to complete in part-time mode. Students must complete 2 Compulsory Subjects - Research Methods & Data Analysis and Project Study, 5 Core Subjects and 2 Elective Subjects.
- Musculoskeletal Injury and Repair
- Diagnostic Procedures in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- Advanced Practice and Clinical Integration in Sports Physiotherapy
- Clinical Practice I in Sports Physiotherapy
- Clinical Practice II in Sports Physiotherapy
- A Bachelor's degree in physiotherapy or related rehabilitation disciplines from PolyU or a recognised institution or the equivalent, preferably with one year of post-qualification work experience in physiotherapy;
- A professional diploma in physiotherapy or related rehabilitation disciplines from PolyU or a recognised institution or the equivalent, with two years of work experience and evidence of continuous education over the past two years.
If you are not a native speaker of English, and your Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification is awarded by institutions where the medium of instruction is not English, you are expected to fulfil the University’s minimum English language requirement for admission purpose. Please refer to the "Admission Requirements" section for details.
Individual cases will be considered on their own merit. Applicants may be required to attend interviews or tests to further demonstrate their language proficiency.
Additional Documents Required
A self-recommendation letter which includes self-introduction, career aspirations and reasons for pursuing study in this programme is required.
Transcript / Certificate
No information is available at present.