Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Radiography
Sept 2017 EntryProgramme code: JS3612
Duration and Credit Requirement
114 (plus 18 clinical/field credits)
Dr Helen Law
PhD(Physiol), MSc(IT Ed), BSc(Physiol), PDDR
- This programme does not consider second choice applications.
Aims and Characteristics
Programme Aims & Learning Outcomes
We provide a challenging and relevant education in radiography that encompasses both medical imaging and radiation therapy.
An enquiring, analytical and creative approach to learning is encouraged to develop the clinical reasoning skills that are necessary for competent and responsible professionals.
Our programme produces graduates who have the ethical and professional abilities that are necessary to become caring practitioners who are capable of professional development and wider community responsibilities.
Our student-centred learning approach encourages independence in learning so that graduates can maintain relevance in a dynamic profession.
This programme comprises academic and clinical components.
Collaboration with universities in Britain, Singapore and the Chinese mainland provides student exchange opportunities.
- Year One establishes the foundation for university education with relevant subject areas and develops the generic graduate attributes of students.
- Year Two provides the basis for gaining professional knowledge in the following three years. It incorporates a range of professional related Foundation Subjects and is constructed in a strong student-centred learning format.
- Years Three and Four deepen the learning of professional knowledge and provide integration of academic learning with applied clinical experience.
- In Year Two, students can choose a concentration in medical imaging or radiation therapy. This continues into Year Four, which also provides a range of Elective Subject options for continuous development of students.
Information on the subjects offered can be obtained at
Recognition and Prospects
Graduates are eligible for registration on Part Two of the Register of the Radiographers Board of Hong Kong. They are also recognised by many overseas registration bodies including those in Britain, Singapore, New Zealand and Australia (after gaining one year of clinical experience).
Our graduates find employment with the Hospital Authority, which recognises the degree as an entry qualification.
Opportunities are also available in private hospitals, clinics and laboratories, and the commercial sector. As the qualification is recognised by many countries, many of our graduates have taken up employment in Australia, Canada, Britain, New Zealand and Singapore.
Opportunities for postgraduate studies are available in Hong Kong and overseas.
Please click here to view the entrance requirements for international applicants.
- Applicants with visual colour deficiency are not eligible for the radiation therapy concentration.
- Preference will be given to those who are fluent in written English and Chinese, and in oral English and Cantonese.
Additional Documents Required
Transcript / Certificate