Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Structural and Fire Safety Engineering
Sept 2020 EntryProgramme code: JS3777
Duration and Credit Requirement
124 (plus 12 practical training credits)
Dr Songye Zhu
- The credit requirements of this programme are indicative only. They are subject to review.
- This programme does not consider second choice applications.
- The Faculty of Construction and Environment International Student Scholarships (FCEISS) will be offered to eligible international students. Please click here for more details.
Aims and Characteristics
Programme Aims & Learning Outcomes
This programme aims at educating students as competent engineers who can design, maintain and retrofit both new and existing buildings, by providing technical knowledge of structural engineering and both active and passive fire protection technologies.
The features of this programme are as follows:
- Four-year full-time comprehensive programme with a wide range of core subjects in structural and fire disciplines.
- A unique programme that combines structural and fire disciplines.
- The opportunity to study abroad for 1-2 semesters in subsidized exchange programmes at internationally renowned universities.
- Practical training modules in the technologically advanced Industrial Centre of the University.
- Summer industrial placement in Hong Kong, Chinese mainland or overseas between the third- and fourth-year of the programme.
- Scholarships available for students demonstrating excellent academic performance.
- The comprehensive core subjects of structural and fire disciplines are taught throughout the programme.
- In the final year, students are required to work on an Individual Project and a Design Project.
Recognition and Prospects
Full accreditation of the programme by The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE) will be sought. Graduates of this programme will then be qualified for Scheme A training in both the Structural Discipline and the Fire Discipline of HKIE.
Our graduates are well-prepared for employment as engineers and can receive good salaries in both the public and private sectors.
Please click here to view the entrance requirements for international applicants.
Applicants with good academic results in science subjects (Physics, Mathematics and Calculus) are preferred.
Additional Documents Required
Transcript / Certificate