English Language Requirements
Non-local applicants are required to meet the following English language requirement:
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 80 for the Internet-based test or 550 for the paper-based test;
- An overall Band Score of 6 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
For applicants who have reached an equivalent English standard as below, the above English language requirement can be waived.
- Grade C or above in GCEOL English; OR
- Grade C / 4 or above in GCSE / IGCSE English; OR
- Grade 4 in English at International Baccalaureate (IB).
Individual cases will be considered on their own merits by the departments concerned. Applicants may be required to attend interviews or tests to further demonstrate their language proficiency.