English Language Requirements
Non-local applicants are required to meet the following English language requirement:
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 80 for the Internet-based test or 550 for the paper-based test;
- An overall Band Score of 6 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
For applicants who have reached an equivalent English standard as below, the above English language requirement can be waived.
- Grade C or above in GCEOL English; OR
- Grade C / 4 or above in GCSE / IGCSE English; OR
- Grade 4 in English at International Baccalaureate (IB); OR
- Score of 590 or above in the Evidence-based Reading and Writing in Redesigned SAT; OR
- Sub-score of 8 or above in the Essay in SAT; OR
- 80% or above in Grade 12 English in Australian State or Territory High School Certificate; OR
- 70% or Grade B or above in English in Canadian High School Diploma; OR
- Score of 7 or above in Level A English in Studentereksamen, Hojere Forberedelseseksamen (HF), Hojere Handelseksamen (HHX) or Hojere Teknisk Eksamen (HTX); OR
- 75% or above in English in Indian Senior Secondary School leaving certificate at Grade 12 level; OR
- Grade C or above in SPM English; OR
- B4 or above in UEC English; OR
- Band 4 or above in Malaysian University English Test; OR
- 10 credits at Level 2 or above in subjects on English, with 5 credits in Reading and 5 credits in Writing in NCEA; OR
- Grade C or above in H1 General Paper in Singapore-Cambridge GCE Advanced Level; OR
- C (in the new scaling system since 2011) or VG/MVG (in the old scaling system) in English in the Slutbetyg från Gymnasieskola; OR
- top percentile (頂標) in English in GSAT; OR
- pass at High Intermediate level in General English Proficiency Test
Individual cases will be considered on their own merits by the departments concerned. Applicants may be required to attend interviews or tests to further demonstrate their language proficiency.