Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Investment Science and Finance Analytics
Sept 2020 EntryProgramme code: JS3806
Duration and Credit Requirement
At least 123, depending on the student's HKDSE attainment (plus 2 training credits)
Prof. Yiu Ka-fai, Cedric
Deputy Programme Leader
Dr Zhao Xingqiu
BS, MSc, PhD
Assistant Programme Leaders
Dr Wong Kin Yau, Alex
BSc, MPhil, PhD
Mr Leung Man Kin, Adam
- For more programme information, please visit www.polyu.edu.hk/ama/ug/63426.
- The credit requirements of this programme are indicative only and subject to review.
- To give recognition to outstanding HKDSE students, the Department sets up a one-off entry scholarship for outstanding JUPAS applicants. Please stay tuned for details.
Aims and Characteristics
To produce graduates with strong mathematical and statistical skills and a thorough understanding of their applications in the world of modern investment and finance analytics. The programme develops students’ abilities in quantitative analysis, data analytics, critical thinking and communication skills, which will enable them to develop an outlook and a methodology that are valuable in pursuing a variety of careers such as investment banking, fund management, risk management and financial product development and pricing.
This programme focuses on the study of modern data analytics needed in the finance industry. Its curriculum covers areas such as big data analytics, business intelligence and customer relationship management, machine learning, algorithmic trading and artificial intelligence, which strengthen students’ data interpretation and analytical skills and support them to develop careers in the evolving investment and finance industries.
Recognition and Prospects
The programme is designed to develop students’ ability in quantitative analysis, data analytics, critical thinking and communication skills that enable our graduates to pursue careers in business and finance-related fields such as investment banking, fund management, risk management and financial product development and pricing.
In addition to the finance-related fields, our programme also supports graduates pursuing careers in information technology, scientific-research, education, marketing and consultancy. Many of our graduates have found employment in prestigious financial institutions and renowned corporations throughout the Asia Pacific area.
On the completion of programme, graduates are expected to receive partial exemption from the professional assessment of:
- Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute
- Hong Kong Statistical Society (subject to confirmation)
- Royal Statistical Society of the UK (subject to confirmation)
- Year One: Students study the General University Requirement (GUR) subjects, common science subjects and foundation mathematics and statistics.
- Year Two: Students study Compulsory Subjects in mathematics, statistics and finance.
- Years Three and Four: Students study advanced subjects in investment science, finance analytics and computer science, including Elective Subjects.
In the fourth year of study, students complete a Capstone Project in which they tackle a problem or research topic in investment science/applied mathematics/statistics, consolidating discipline-specific knowledge, concepts and generic skills developed through different stages of the programme.
For details, please refer to the website: www.polyu.edu.hk/ama/ug/63426.
Entrance Requirements and Subject Weightings
Satisfy the University's General Entrance Requirements.
There is no compulsory subject requirement. Preferred subject(s) with the highest weighting for admission score calculation include(s):
- English Language
Additional Documents Required
Transcript / Certificate
|No information is available at present|