Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Sustainable Structural and Fire Engineering
Sept 2019 EntryProgramme code: JS3777
Duration and Credit Requirement
124 (plus 12 practical training credits)
Dr Songye Zhu
- The credit requirements of this programme are indicative only. They are subject to review.
Aims and Characteristics
Programme Aims & Learning Outcomes
This programme is aimed at educating students to be competent engineers who can design, maintain and retrofit both new and existing buildings, by providing technical knowledge of structural engineering and both active and passive fire protection technologies.
The attractive features of this programme are as follows:
- Four-year full-time comprehensive programme with a wide range of core subjects in structural and fire disciplines.
- A unique programme that combines structural and fire disciplines.
- The opportunity to study abroad for 1-2 semesters in subsidised exchange programmes at internationally renowned universities.
- Practical training modules in the technologically advanced Industrial Centre of the University.
- Summer industrial placement in Hong Kong, mainland China or overseas between the third- and fourth-year of the programme.
- Scholarships available for students demonstrating excellent academic performance.
- Comprehensive core subjects of the structural and the fire disciplines are taught throughout the programme.
- In the final year, students are required to work on the Individual Project and the Design Project.
Recognition and Prospects
Full accreditation of the programme by The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE) will be sought. Graduates of this programme will then be qualified for Scheme A training in both the Structural Discipline and the Fire Discipline of HKIE.
Our graduates are well-prepared for employment as engineers and can receive good salaries in both the public and private sectors.
Additional Documents Required
Transcript / Certificate