English Language Requirements
Applicants are required to meet any one of the following English language requirements for admission consideration:
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 80 for the Internet-based test or 550 for the paper-based test;
- An overall Band Score of 6 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS);
- Grade C in GCSE/ IGCSE/ GCEOL English;
- Grade 4 in English at International Baccalaureate (IB);
- Grade E or above in HKASLE Use of English;
HKDSE English is an acceptable alternative for meeting the English language requirements. For applicants applying for admission to Bachelor's Degree Programmes, an attainment at Level 3 or above is required. For those applying to Higher Diploma Programmes, an attainment at Level 2 or above is needed.
Individual cases will be considered on their own merits by the departments concerned. Applicants may be required to attend interviews or tests to further demonstrate their language proficiency.