Higher Diploma in Chemical Technology
Sept 2020 EntryProgramme code: JS3040
Duration and Credit Requirement
Dr Cheung Kwong-chak, Gary
- The credit requirements of this programme are indicative only and subject to review.
Aims and Characteristics
A solid background in applied chemistry prepares graduates for careers in the industrial, business or public sectors as well-trained senior technicians, technologists or professional salespeople. The programme enhances the career prospects of those who wish to be trained in chemical technology. It helps students to develop creative thinking, analytical skills, independent learning/work skills and high levels of competitiveness.
This programme emphasises the contribution of chemistry to Hong Kong and the Greater China region. Additional subjects are available to develop students' skills in communication and chemical analysis. The programme also prepares students for further studies at the degree level in Hong Kong or overseas.
- The programme includes the University's core curriculum and training in industrial chemistry, process technology and basic chemistry.
- Year One studies focus on the University's core curriculum and underpinning subjects common to science students and basic chemical principles with laboratory skills.
- Year Two studies focus on the applications of chemistry in industrial and commercial sectors, including through polymers, environmental chemistry and analytical chemistry.
- Information on the subjects offered can be obtained at www.polyu.edu.hk/~abct.
Recognition and Prospects
Graduates can work in production, quality control, waste treatment, environmental management and research and development.
Additional Documents Required
Transcript / Certificate